Not every post has to be serious so here’s a random one. I found this note from Facebook from a few years ago. I’ve updated the numbers, years, etc but here are 25 interesting things about me (not necessarily that you care…)
1. It humbles me everyday to realize that God saved a wretch like me.
2. My wife and boys are the best gifts I’ve ever received.
3. Serving in ministry has to be one of the most fulfilling yet most difficult jobs on the planet.
4. Dr. H. Bailey Stone is my hero. By far, the godliest man I’ve ever known.
5. I am a grammar and spelling nerd.
6. I am a terrible dancer. It’s the number one reason I’m a Baptist. Okay, not really, but it sounds good.
7. I have seen Cars and Toy Story at least 200 times.
8. Contrary to popular belief, I have read most of the books in my library.
9. I completely disassembled and reassembled a TI-99 computer when I was 5…and then got in a lot of trouble with my parents.
10. I have been gainfully employed since I was 14 years old. There have only been 3 weeks in the last 16.5 years that I have not held a steady job.
11. I met my wife 2.5 years before we started dating. I said, upon meeting her for the first time, that I would one day “marry a girl like that.” I married her 4 years later.
12. I knew the exact date of my wedding 5 years before it happened. It’s a cool story. I’ll tell you if you’d like to know.
13. I started working full-time on a church staff at 19 years old. I was 9 months older than the oldest kid in my youth group.
14. I started reading at age 4. My parents said I could read a KJV Bible complete with “Thee” and Thou” properly pronounced.
15. I enlisted in the Air Force during my senior year of High School. I never went to Basic Training because of my call to the ministry.
16. My wife and I have the same number of letters in our full names. (21 letters). Our sons, from oldest to youngest, have 18, 19 and 20 letters in their names, respectively.
17. I am still friends with the first person I met in Abilene, TX over 25 years ago.
18. I was adopted at 3 months of age.
19. My parents adopted my half-brother when I was 6.
20. I have been a fan of the Texas A&M Aggies as far back as I can remember.
21. I love preaching and teaching the Bible. Aside from my salvation and my family, it is my greatest joy and biggest responsibility.
22. I love movies.
23. I love every kind of music with the exception of rap and metal – only because I can’t usually understand what they’re saying.
24. My earliest memory is watching TV with my dad when I was 3. We were watching Airwolf.
25. I have never stayed overnight in a hospital. The longest I’ve ever been admitted was 4 hours.